Monday, November 12, 2007

Prosuming

I recently participated in Telelogic's user conference in Atlanta. One of the keynote speakers was a gentleman named Anthony Williams, coauthor of Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything. I have been swimming in this collaborative pool many times and was also privileged to be allowed to speak at the same event. What struck me was the enormous amount of collaborative technologies out there that he brought to light and how they have enabled the consumer to become a prosumer. I believe Alvin Toffler coined the phrase, professional and consumer = prosumer, in his "Future shock" book in the 70's. On my flight over to Altanta I was consuming his latest work "Revolutionary Wealth" and he also made several uses of the term in this material as well. I have prosumed for quite some time in other venues and I have now taken the plunge and become a prosumer with a different twist - as a blogger.

No comments: